Although The Sounds last album was released in 2013, the Swedish rockers have no signs of slowing down. In fact, the quintet—Maja Ivarsson (vocals), Felix Rodriguez (guitars/vocals), Johan Bengtsson (bass), Jesper Anderberg (keys/guitar/vocals), and Fredrik Blond (drums)— are currently celebrating 10 years as a band by touring to perform their second studio album, Dying to Say This to You. Still hitting cities like Philly, Austin, and LA, the 10th anniversary tour, which features openers My Jerusalem and Zipper Club, will run through the end of December and includes two shows in NYC: one tonight at Warsaw in Brooklyn () and one tomorrow at Irving Plaza ()!
Don’t miss your chance to hear tracks like "Song with a Mission", "Painted by Numbers", and "Tony the Beat" performed live!
Before you grab your tickets, though, the band has filled us in on their top 10 essential tour rider items, their top 10 restaurants to try while on tour, their top 10 essential movies to have on the tour bus, and their top 10 favorite venues in the world! Check out the lists below and see what you might have in common with the “Living In America” group!
1. Bottled Water - I know it seems like a very basic thing, but if you don't have this, you got nothing.
2. Coffee - Upon arrival this is usually the one thing both crew and band asks for, and without it there will be lots of grumpy people.
3. Alcoholic beverages - No explanations needed .
4. Wifi - Good wifi is hard to come by but something of a must these days.
5. Snacks - Unfortunately, we all want it but wish we would eat less if it.
6. Fruits and smoothies - You might have some or you might not, but just having that stuff around makes you feel healthier .
7. Food - A nice dinner or some good recommendations on where to go makes everyone in a better mood.
8. Towels - You can never have enough towels. They're useful for so many things, just ask any galactic hitchhiker.
9. Something local - It could be beer or candy or whatever, just a little something that makes everyday feel different than the day before. And it's fun to try new things as well .
10. Socks - Yes we have 5 pairs of black socks on the rider, never underestimate the power of clean socks after a show.
1. Pujol - Mexico City
2. Tartine - San Francisco
3. Empellon - NYC
4. Taco Truck @ Union Pool - Brooklyn
5. Husk Restaurant - Charleston
6. In-N-Out Burger - LA
7. The Spotted Pig - NYC
8. momofuku - NYC
9. Hooters - Council Bluffs, IA
10. Barrio Chino – NYC
2. The Game
3. The Big Lebowski
4. Curb Your Enthusiasm
5. Dumb & Dumber
6. Mrs. Doubtfire
7. Coming to America
8. Dirty Dancing
9. Terminator 2
10. Pusher trilogy - (Danish movie)
1. The Fillmore - San Francisco
2. Irving Plaza - New York
3. Colombia Halle - Berlin
4. Vega - Copenhagen
5. El Plaza Condesa - Mexico City
6. Backstage Werk - Munich
7. 9:30 Club - Washington DC
8. The Wiltern - Los Angeles
9. Emos - Austin
10. Metropolis - Montreal